Terms of Service
By accessing the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® website at https://www.electionsecurityglossary.com/, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® website are provided on an 'as is' basis. The ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® website does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® website, even if the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® or a the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. The ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® does not make any commitment to update the materials.
The ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
The ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® may revise these Terms of Service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms of Service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New York State and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us. It is the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://www.electionsecurityglossary.com/, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also (on this page) let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
The ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. The ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, contact us at email@example.com
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where TermsFeed relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Provided you have made a reasonable effort to contact the ELECTION CYBERSECURITY GLOSSARY® to resolve your question, you have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
These Terms of Service are effective as of March 1, 2020.